Applications are available at City Hall, 110 E. Main Street, Avon Park. Or you may obtain an application by clicking here.
Or to apply online please click on the button below
You may email your resume and application to Brenda Dane at: Email: email@example.com.
May 7, 2019
Utilities Project Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure, manages the daily operations of a multi-discipline team of 12+ employees providing Wastewater Treatment, Lift Stations, Water Treatment, and Collection & Distribution for the City and to ensure compliance of applicable Federal, State and local laws and ordinance and established guidelines and / or policies and procedures.
These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment of position.
- Be point of contact for new developments, including building relationships with local vendor contacts, Highlands County and the neighboring communities
- Run a multi-discipline work team providing operations and maintenance for Waste Water Treatment and Water Treatment facilities including 33 Lift Stations
- Analyze operational process control procedures, maintenance procedures, and instituting changes when necessary to achieve full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements
- Maintain accurate operational records and prepare reports required by all regulatory agencies.
- Inspect facilities, evaluating O&M functions, review records and data, interview and select new personnel, and initiate and recommend new or improved methods or practices
- Ensure compliance with City, County, State, and Federal laws and policies
- Attend Council meetings whenever necessary to represent the Public Works Division-Utility Department with State and Federal agencies
- All other duties as assigned
Associate degree in Environmental or Biological Science required; Bachelor degree preferred any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
5-10 years of dynamically responsible experience in water/wastewater treatment management
.Must have proven experience with managing multi-disciplinary work groups
The highest-level Water and/or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification
Confirmed experience in making sound financial, technical, and management decisions
Valid Florida driver’s license.
Must pass applicable pre-employment testing and background checks.
*** Skills assessment will be administered to validated competency ***
Open until filled
February 18, 2019
STATE CERTIFIED FIREFIGHTER
The City of Avon Park is accepting applications for full-time (24/48) State Certified Firefighter(s). Minimum Qualifications: Certification as a firefighter II by the State of Florida Bureau of Standards and Training, State of Florida or National Registry EMT Certification, a valid State of Florida motor vehicle driver’s license and an apparatus driving certificate for CEVO or equivalent.
The candidate must possess the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be required to successfully complete a Firefighters Ability Test. New Hires will have a required residency of a ten (10) mile radius of the Avon Park Fire Station, 98 S. Delaney Avenue, Avon Park, FL within 24 months of hire. Avon Park starting probationary salary is $33,745.92 with an excellent benefit package including Kelly days. The City of Avon Park is a Smoke and Drug-Free workplace. E.O.E. Applications are available at City Hall, 110 E. Main Street, Avon Park, FL 33825. Proof of Florida Firefighter and EMT Certificate must accompany application.
Open Until Filled