District Phase I Water Shortage Restrictions
Always refer to your "city or county" regulations first.
Effective Date and Areas
- The District’s Phase I water shortage restrictions are in effect May 12, 2020 through July 1, 2020, except where stricter measures have been imposed by local governments.
- Phase I water shortage restrictions apply to portions of Charlotte, DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas and Sarasota counties.
- Some local governments such as unincorporated Hillsborough County and the cities of Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa have local ordinances with special twice-per-week schedules.
- Some local governments such as unincorporated Pasco and Sarasota counties, and the cities of Dunedin, Longboat Key, Sarasota and Venice, have local ordinances that remain on one-day-per-week schedules.
Summary of Restrictions and Other Requirements
Twice-per-week lawn watering schedules remain in effect unless local restrictions apply. In addition, the following activities should be executed:
- Test irrigation systems for leaks and efficiencies.
- Agricultural users should comply with all permit conditions and Best Management Practices.
- Golf courses should comply with all water use permit conditions and Best Management Practices; fairways/driving ranges should be irrigated twice per week; tees and green areas three times a week; nonplay areas should follow lawn and landscape irrigation days and times.
- All wasteful water use such as hosing down driveways and impervious surfaces, allowing water to flow unattended and using water in a grossly inefficient manner, is prohibited.
Please report any written complaints to Central Dispatch:
Phone: 863-452-4429 or 863-452-4433
Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Maintenance
Treatment Facility Operation and Maintenance